The program in Mechanical Engineering, offered by the University of Bridgeport, combines core mechanical engineering courses with technical electives that enable the student to increase his/her knowledge and competence in essential skills for Mechanical Engineering while affording sufficient freedom to provide in-depth study in both traditional and contemporary curriculum tracks and explore emerging interdisciplinary areas.
The technical areas supported by the department include General Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Management, Mechanics and Materials, Thermal Fluid Systems and Sustainable Energy, Biomechanical Engineering, Mechatronics and Automation, and Sports and Aeronautical Engineering. The student is required to design an individualized program of study with the help and approval of his/her faculty advisor to meet his/her academic and career goals.
Customized study plans also allow receiving the Mechanical Engineering M.S. degree while pursuing another M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Technology Management, and MBA. Two degree students in these two programs should consult their respective advisors to work on their individualized plans.
- demonstrate the ability to design or analyze a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic, contemporary constraints such as health and safety, ethics, performance, sustainability, and economics
- develop specialized advanced skills in mechanical engineering fields including fluid mechanics, heat transfer, material science, dynamics, vibrations, numerical methods, design, and manufacturing
- demonstrate the ability to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- demonstrate the ability to create, adapt, transfer and integrate existing and emerging technologies into new products, processes, and services
- develop decision making, risk assessment and problem-solving skills considering both economic and other constraints
- develop both technical and management oral presentation and written communication skills
- Advanced Fluid Dynamics
- Advanced Heat Transfer
- Advanced Vibrations
- Advanced Dynamics
- Finite Element Method
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1799 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related STEM field from an accredited university or recognized international institution
- Recommended cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.90 or higher
- Application and application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
International7650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 510 USD per credit during 24 months.
National7650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 510 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Bridgeport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.