Each will prepare students who have a strong content knowledge in these areas for successful teaching careers.
As a Secondary Education (Sixth Year Certificate) candidate, at the University of Bridgeport, you may take coursework at any of our three locations, Bridgeport or Waterbury; however a few courses may only be offered in Bridgeport. *If you already have a master’s degree, you can complete the program at a Sixth Year Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) level. This program is offered at our main Bridgeport campus, as well as the Waterbury Center location.
University of Bridgeport’s Secondary Education program will produce passionate, professional educators who are:
- Knowledgeable about subject matter content
- Skillful in creating meaningful learning environments
- Committed to inquiry
- Responsive to the developmental needs of a diverse student population
As a graduate of the Secondary Education, M.S. or Sixth Year Degree Certificate program, you will be prepared to:
- Plan lessons according to State guidelines
- Demonstrate appropriate content knowledge in designated subject areas
- Pass Praxis II content knowledge for secondary subject areas
- Exhibit pedagogical knowledge appropriate to secondary classrooms
- Differentiate instruction to suit the needs of a wide variety of students and students with special needs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Secondary Education View 1865 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bridgeport and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application and application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- International transcripts must include an official course-by-course evaluation of all academic work from an accredited academic evaluating service
- Official Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators (5751) score report*
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
International23400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bridgeport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.