Designed for dental hygiene professionals seeking to advance into leadership positions in education and public health, this program offers abundant preparation for a range of career opportunities. You can earn your degree at the University of Bridgeport in as little as two years, as you become proficient in both the theoretical and practical aspect of the field. Your degree is finalized with a research-based capstone course, either through completing a thesis or producing a capstone project.
You will gain theory and practical experience from faculty experts from UB’s Fones School of Dental Hygiene, the world’s first dental hygiene school. You will develop proficiency through student teaching and the concentrated practicum, a hands-on experience supported by an ever-increasing set of field sites.
Learning Outcomes and Careers
- Utilize scientific inquiry, critical thinking, and research methodology in developing contemporary theory and best practice
- Cultivate the incorporation of existing and emerging health informatics and technology within one’s profession
- Contribute to and facilitate development of programs based on population need, diversity, and social and cultural sensitivity
- Promote inter-professional collaboration within an integrated delivery system of health care
- Forge the pathway toward expanding the professional landscape of dental hygiene
- Instill the desire to pursue doctoral level education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical and Didactic Educational Concepts
- Concentrated Practicum
- Dental Hygiene Student Teaching
- Public Health
- Evidence-based Research
- Global Healthcare
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDentistry View 107 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
- Official Transcripts (from all institutions of higher education)
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Letters must be signed and come from employers, professors or professional associates (i.e. clinical supervisor or dental hygiene director)
- Personal Statement
- Photocopy of dental hygiene license in good standing
- All accepted students will be subject to a background check through the external agency, Verified Credentials. Further information will be distributed by your advisor
International10200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 680 USD per credit during 24 months.
National10200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 680 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Bridgeport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.