Students will learn about the evolutionary process, focusing on how living things function and how several branches of engineering and science are interconnected in these processes. Biomedical Engineering has the potential to improve human health through cross-disciplinary research and application that integrate the engineering sciences with the biomedical sciences and clinical practice.
This program in Biomedical Engineering, offered by the University of Bridgeport, builds knowledge, skills, and critical thinking necessary to further new discoveries in tissue regeneration, biomaterials, biologically inspired materials, tissue engineering, physiological measurements, bioelectronics, biomechanics, bioMEMS, and communications in cells, biosensing, biorobotics, biosignaling, bioinormatics and other associated processes pertaining to bioengineering.
- Graduates of the BME program will have a sound integrated knowledge of science and engineering fundamentals with respect to the biomedical issues
- Graduates will be proficient in the use of modern techniques, tools, procedures, and information sources which are useful in the definition and solution of problems in biomedical engineering
- Graduates will have the ability to apply their scientific knowledge and engineering tools and techniques to design useful and economically feasible novel materials, devices, systems and processes which address problems relevant to the fields of biomedical engineering
- Graduates will have the breadth and depth of knowledge, and a commitment to continued learning, necessary to understand the economic, social, ethical, and aesthetic aspects of their profession and their work, and to effectively communicate the results of their work
- Biomedical Materials and Engineering
- Tissue Engineering
- Cancer and Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1723 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Application and application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
International17340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 510 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 510 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bridgeport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.