Available on campus and online, the Financial Management master’s program at Boston University is designed for students seeking careers in corporate finance, financial management, investments, and multinational finance.
Metropolitan College is a participant in the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program. The Financial Management graduate degree and concentrations curricula embed a significant portion of the CFA® Program Candidate Body of Knowledge™ (CBOK) and covers the Standards of Practice Handbook, offering excellent preparation for the internationally recognized Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) Program exams. In addition, scholarships for the CFA Program exam are available to enrolled students.
The Master of Science in Financial Management program offers concentrations in Investment Analysis and International Finance.
- Knowledge applicable to all aspects of finance, including corporate finance, international finance and trade, and investments and derivatives.
- An understanding of risk–reward characteristics of financial markets and securities.
- Mastery of quantitative approaches to analysis of domestic and international financial industry challenges in areas of security valuations and risk management.
- Comprehension of the importance of ethical behavior in all aspects of business, management, and finance.
- Awareness of significant changes in the global financial regulatory environment, especially after the subprime credit crisis of 2008, and how these changes impact the overall financial system.
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Financial Regulation and Ethics
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Management, Organisation & Leadership View 597 other Masters in Economics in United States
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement
- A current résumé
- Transcript(s) from each college and graduate school attended
- A nonrefundable application fee of $85
- International Student Data Form
- Authorized financial statement from a bank (original, shown in U.S. dollars)
- Copy of current I-20 and I-94, both sides (if applicable)
- Letter of financial support from a sponsor (firm, government, parents, etc.)
- Notarized English translations of all documents not in English
International58560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58560 USD per year during 12 months.
National58560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58560 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.