You will study a synthesis of practical and theoretical skills modules contextualising different forms of journalistic practice, within a framework of technological, political and cultural change. This is challenging, employment-orientated study on a leading journalism course at a London university that focusses on international reporting.
You will benefit greatly from our academic’s research strengths and excellent links with the journalism, broadcasting and publishing industries, with the option to seek a work placement during your time on the course.
Additionally, alumni and industry guest speakers will bring further insight and inspiration about what it means to work within global media.
You will also get plenty of hands-on training and practice in the University’s well-equipped media suite that mimics the recording and broadcast facilities used within the industry.
The International Journalism course from Brunel University London will appeal to a broad range of candidates with an interest in journalism across all sectors, including print journalism, online journalism, radio journalism, TV journalism and especially in areas of convergence.
Careers and your future
As a graduate of International Journalism MA your skills will be well suited to a variety of roles within journalism, particularly those with an international context, such as:
- Reporters for international news agencies
- War and foreign correspondents
- Online journalists
- Magazine journalists
- Investigative journalists
- Content producers for mobile platforms
- Communication officer in non-government and private sector organisations
International Journalism MA is also excellent preparation for further postgraduate level research such as an MRES or Doctoral Degree
You’ll have a set of media skills that are easily transferred to fields like public relations, marketing, advertising, as well as non-governmental organisations and the public sector.
- News, Features and Reviews
- Multi-platform Storytelling
- International Media Ethics
- Fake News, Images and Websites
- Extended Practical Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 360 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification and evidence of commitment to journalism as a career such as student journalism or work experience. Candidates with other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants will be required to attend an interview.
International18410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18410 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9935 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9935 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU applicants will have the same tuition fees as UK students
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.