It serves a quarter of the world’s population and has increased in public acceptance in the United States and Europe as the fastest growing complementary health care field. Oriental medicine has gained this respect by being both the most ancient written form of medical therapy known and a form of medicine with excellent clinical results.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), which encompasses acupuncture, herbal therapy, manual therapy, diet counseling, exercise and breathing techniques, has been in use for thousands of years. Over the millennia, the Asian community has continuously refined this ancient healing art. During the last century, this refinement has included integration of Western medical sciences within the paradigm of TCM.
At the University of Brigdeport, the Master of Science in Acupuncture degree program’s goal is to provide acupuncture and TCM training consistent with the developing traditions on Asia and the growing modern health care system in the United States.
Having an opportunity to work alone and in conjunction with other health care practitioners in the Health Sciences Center, the students will be able to integrate the care of patients with other health care providers. Thus, the student gains a “real world” advantage before entering private practice.
Employment Outlook for Acupuncture (M.S.Ac.) Degree from University of Bridgeport
- Acupuncture and Oriental medicine (AOM) are among the most requested forms of treatment in the fast-growing field of complementary and integrative medicine and hold promise as among the key modalities to be used in current and future integrative medical settings.
- Acupuncture practitioners can create financially supportive careers with flexible work schedules that are rewarding on many levels. An acupuncture career offers the opportunity for a balanced lifestyle for both the practitioner and her patients.
- TCM History/Philosophy
- TCM Theory
- TCM Diagnosis
- Point Location
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 35 other Masters in Complementary & Alternative Medicine in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent (120 completed semester hours) from an accredited institution or recognized international institution
- Required cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in the science prerequisites
- Application and non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Two recommendation letters
- Letters must come from employers, professors or professional associates
- Personal statement
International38055 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 645 USD per credit during 24 months.
National38055 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 645 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Bridgeport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.