Teaching is delivered by some of the most talented and original wordsmiths working today. Between them,they’ve published over 100 books, produced countless scripts for TV, radio and film, and won umpteen awards.
As well as the stand-alone ‘general’ programme, we’ve added four new dynamic pathways to the course so you can choose your preferred specialism and focus your learning across key forms of contemporary creative writing.
Careers and your future
A Creative Writing degree from Brunel University London will prepare you for a professional creative writing career. Our graduates are working in journalism, publishing, advertising, television, radio and the internet.
Many have gone on to have their novels and poetry collections published including: Alarum (Wayne Holloway Smith); Sky Pirates (Liesel Shwartz) and Dream on Amber (Emma Shevah).
Our academics are well established in industry, have won many awards and honours and written for major national newspapers and magazines across the country. Their experience, contacts and knowledge of the literary industry can go a long way to putting you on the right track to success as a graduate.
- Elements of Fiction
- Elements of Poetry
- Elements of Publishing
- Elements of Screenwriting
- Writers at Work
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing Literature View 550 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
- A 2.2 (or above) UK honours degree in English Literature (including where English Literature is a major in the degree) and Creative writing, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification. Or
- A 2.2 (or above) UK honours degree in any other subject (or equivalent internationally recognised qualification) or other qualification / relevant professional or practical experience.
- In addition to this, applicants who do not hold a 2.2 degree in English Literature or Creative Writing must also submit a sample of their creative writing. This should be a 2000 to 3000 sample of one of: short stories; a novel-in-progress; poems; film scripts; or articles for newspapers.
International18410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18410 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8735 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU applicants will have the same tuition fees as UK students
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.