Russian culture is explored from a variety of perspectives. Students specialise in literature and culture, social sciences or history, or combine modules into an interdisciplinary programme.
They are encouraged to develop their research skills, and many choose to learn Russian, or improve their command of Russian, through a language course. The Russian Studies MA programme is offered at the University College London (UCL).
With their specialist knowledge and language skills, SSEES Master's graduates can be found in business, finance, the media, international agencies, charities, diplomacy, international security organisations, the law, and academia.
- Literary and Cultural Theory
- Historical Methods and Approaches
- Political Analysis AND Political Sociology
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
- Contemporary Cultural Studies: Between Post-Communism & Post-Modernism
- The Reflecting Screen: Russian and Soviet Cinema in its Cultural Context, 1896 to the Present
- The Nineteenth-Century Russian Novel
- Beyond Stereotypes: The Jews in Polish Culture
- Causes, Consequences and Control: Corruption and Governance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 642 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- Normally an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,450
- International: £13,300
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.