This 30-hour program is flexible and convenient, accommodating any schedule, and most importantly, does not require students to come to the Tuscaloosa, AL campus. Another major benefit of this program is that you can complete course work at your convenience from any location in the world, and by taking two courses a semester you can complete the degree in less than two years.
The M.A. program in Health Studies (Health Promotion) has been designed to provide the coursework and background to become a practitioner in health education and health promotion and sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) examination. At the completion of the M.A. program of study, graduates will be able to:
- Assess needs for health education and health promotion
- Plan effective health education and health promotion programs
- Implement health education and health promotion programs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health education and health promotion programs
- Coordinate provision of health education and health promotion services
- Act as a resource person in health education and health promotion
- Communicate health needs, concerns and resources
- Apply research principles and methods in health education and health promotion
- Administer health education and health promotion programs
- Advance the profession of health education
The opportunities in health care today are rapidly evolving into ones that focus on prevention - it's that idea that makes this Masters of Arts in Health Studies degree one which offers you a key role in influencing the health of today's society. If your goal is to help individuals, groups and communities achieve a better life by practicing healthy lifestyles, beginning the Masters of Arts in Health Studies degree at The University of Alabama is a click away.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Techniques of Research
- Advances in Health Promotion
- Health Behavior
- Health Promotion Techniques
- Organization and Implementation of Health Education and Health Promotion Programs
- Evaluation in Health Education
- Virtual Academy
- Environmental Health
- Diversity in Health Promotion Practice
- Sexuality Education: Theory and Practice
- Women and Health Promotion
- Study Course
- Independent Study in Health Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 212 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Applicant data sheet and statement of purpose
- One transcript for each U.S. or international institution of higher education
- Admissions test scores less than five years old
- The application fee is $65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $80 for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Additional application materials (e.g., portfolios, writing samples, responses to essay questions, etc.) required by individual departments
- International applicants must submit one certified copy in the native language along with certified precise word-for-word English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of degree.
International394 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 394 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National394 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 394 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.