Climate change, finite resource availability, and environmental pollution are some of the greatest issues facing our society now and in the future. Renewable Energy Engineering and Management degree offered by the University of Freiburg can be a key solution to these problems, and the development, planning, installation, and operation of renewable energy technologies needs a highly skilled work force.
The concept of the M.Sc. course Renewable Energy Engineering and Management at the University of Freiburg is based on the following fundamental considerations:
- The course enables students to avail themselves of innovation in the field of renewable energy and to implement the concept of sustainable development for practical business purposes.
- Technical know-how and an awareness of societal problems are necessary qualifications, but are not of themselves sufficient. Additional management qualifications are required. These include technical knowledge, multidisciplinary ability in terms of team development, presentation and project management.
- The degree course is practical and problem-focused (projects, case studies, internship, a Master’s thesis on practical and relevant themes carried out in cooperation with industrial partners).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Energy and Sustainable Development
- Natural Resources and Conversion Technologies
- Climate and Energy Policy
- Generation and Distribution of Energy
- Society and Economy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sustainable Energy View 173 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Germany
1. Above average qualification* (B.Sc., [German] Diploma) in:
- Engineering (electrical engineering, energy management, process engineering, microsystems technology, mechanical engineering or environmental engineering) OR
- Natural sciences OR
- Applied life sciences (Forest or environmental sciences).
A CGPA/grade of 2.5 in the German grading system is required at least. Applications with CGPA/grade > 2.5 will not be considered for the selection process.
2. Very good English language skills (TOEFL paper-based 600 points, computer-based 250 points, internet-based 100 points, IELTS band 7; TOEFL should not be older than 2 years)
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.