We've developed the information assurance curriculum in conjunction with top employers, meaning you'll gain real-world experience through interactions with actual organizations and learn job-relevant skills from case studies of real information assurance crises. Your courses in the Information Assurance programme at University of Maryland University College will feature topics in network and internet security, intrusion detection and protection, cryptology and data protection, and computer forensics.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to:
- Secure information using symmetric and asymmetric key techniques (including the Advanced Encryption Standard and RSA public key cryptography) and message integrity techniques
- Protect networks using risk analysis, defense models, security policy development, authentication and authorization controls, firewalls, packet filtering, virtual private networks (VPNs), and wireless network security
- Respond to attacks with damage assessments, data forensics, data mining, attack tracing, and system recovery processes for continuity of operation
- Identify system vulnerabilities and attack patterns and solve problems with intrusion detection tactics
- Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC
- Foundations of Information Security and Assurance
- Network and Internet Security
- Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention
- Cryptology and Data Protection
- Computer Forensics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesIT Security View 85 other Masters in IT Security in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- University of Maryland University College is committed to helping you find ways to meet, manage, and lower your education costs through a variety of financing and payment options.
- When it comes to covering your college expenses, you have choices. Federal student financial aid, loans, grants, and scholarships are available to help fund your degree. Plus, you may qualify for employer-provided tuition assistance and/or military benefits. Your eligibility is based on your current financial need and other factors.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!