The graduate certificate in Foundations of Cybersecurity at University of Maryland University College is an innovative program that draws from fields such as management, law, science, business, technology, and psychology to provide you with the most current knowledge and skills for protecting critical cyber infrastructure and assets.
Perfect for midcareer professionals but assuming no previous experience in cyber security or computer science, the certificate in foundations of cyber security can teach you the leadership and technical skills to take your public- or private-sector career to the next level.
At University of Maryland University College (UMUC), our students come first. We strive to provide cutting-edge classes with students' busy schedules in mind.
The role of government regulation in cybersecurity is explored, as are legal concepts such as privacy, intellectual property, and civil liberties.
- Cyber security education pioneer: Building on its established reputation as a leader in information assurance education, UMUC launched the first stand-alone bachelor's and master’s degree programs in cyber security in 2010 and added certificates1 soon after.
- Cutting-edge curriculum: UMUC Cybersecurity programs are continually reviewed by a team of some of the nation's top cyber security experts to ensure the curriculum keeps pace with the rapidly-changing field.
- Established reputation: UMUC has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance and Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security. Plus, UMUC has been designated a National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence by the Defense Cyber Crime Center Academic Cyber Curriculum Alliance. Learn about more great reasons to study cyber security at UMUC.
- Globally-ranked cyber security team: The UMUC Cybersecurity team has earned global recognition, winning prestigious titles at national and international cyber security competitions.
- Community leader in cyber security: UMUC has been chosen by the Maryland General Assembly to staff the Commission on Cyber Security Innovation and Excellence, is charged with conducting an overview of federal and state cyber security laws and policies.
Courses are offered on evenings and weekends, entirely online, or in a hybrid format that alternates between on-site class meetings and online study. And to help you make the most of your academic experience, UMUC offers a wide array of support services and resources, including:
- 24-hour library service
- Transfer credit evaluations
- Academic advising
- Career counseling
- Writing support
- Flexible payment options
- Tutoring and mentoring programs
- Student academic clubs
- Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC
- Cyberspace and Cybersecurity
- Human Aspects in Cybersecurity: Ethics, Legal Issues, and Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 179 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International19770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.