Understanding the process of population ageing can benefit areas such as health and social care, research, and local and national policy.
At the Gerontology (Distance Learning) Postgrad. Cert. course offered at the University of Southampton, you’ll look at the subject from a range of perspectives, including policy, demography, sociology, biology, healthcare sciences, psychology and economics.
- understanding of key theories in gerontology and their application
- knowledge of modern global debates around the lives of older people, their families and societies
- the ability to evaluate policies and initiatives concerning issues like population ageing, welfare provision and quality of life
- critical appreciation of key theoretical perspectives in gerontology and their application to the analysis of issues concerning ageing and the life course
- understanding of contemporary debates in gerontology surrounding the lives of older people, their families and societies in developed and developing countries
- the ability to evaluate policies and initiatives concerning population ageing, welfare provision and quality of life of older people, their families and carers
- preparation for a career in the field of gerontology and applied health and social sciences
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perspectives in Gerontology
- Researching Ageing Societies
- Poverty and Social Protection Around The World
- Mental Health and Ageing
- Ageing, Health & Well-Being
- Demographic Change, Ageing & Globalisation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Genetics View 274 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a 2:1 degree in social science or a subject related to ageing.
International6620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6620 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National3325 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3325 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- EU Full-time: £6,620
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.