Modules examine the structures, organization and operations of the cultural industries together with cultural policy frameworks and the unique professional roles and practices characterising cultural work. These studies are conducted in conjunction with modules concentrating on on entrepreneurial creativity, launching new ventures and leading entrepreneurial growth. By advancing this range of knowledge and skills, the programme addresses the conditions, working practices, and challenges which define cultural industries and shape the work of cultural practitioners.
The course aims to:
- Provide you with a critical understanding of the characteristics, structures an operating dynamics of the cultural industries
- Provide you with the skills to explore various models for the development of cultural and creative enterprises
- Understand the importance of the cultural industries in modern societies
- Develop an ability to carry out financial analysis of a cultural enterprise
- Become fluent in the financial, marketing and managerial aspects of the cultural industries
- Provide knowledge of leading scholarship in the study of cultural industries
- Appreciate the interrelationships that exist between fundamental research and its practical application
- Acquire the critical, analytical, technological and business background to enable students to make a significant contribution to the cultural and creative sector of the economy
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cultural Industries
- Cultural Policy
- Cultural Industries and Entrepreneurship Research Project
- Media and Cultural Industries Practices
- Entrepreneurial Creativity
- Launching New Ventures
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Entrepreneurship View 485 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- 2:1 (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject in the arts, humanities or social sciences
International17910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17910 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7290 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7290 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
If you choose to study with us, there are various sources of funding to which you can apply. Some are administered by the school, others by research bodies to which the school has links, and others by the University and central government sources. These opportunities are often specific to particular degree programmes, or to the fee-status of a student, so it is important to read all related information very carefully.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.