The Public Health (Web-based Learning) course from The University of Manchester provides an introduction to research development, mainly for those currently in the healthcare workforce who wish to become researchers or pursue a research pathway within their profession.
You will learn through a combination of coursework and research training, with the modular nature enabling you to design the taught component around your own training needs. The teaching and supervising staff are international experts in public health, primary care and related disciplines.
After completing the taught component, you will be supported in carrying out your own research project or a full systematic review.
We offer two MRes courses, one in Public Health and one in Primary Care. Distinction between the two is based on the course units and research topics you choose.
Many of our UK students are pursuing an academic pathway within their own profession, usually medicine, dentistry or nursing.
The MRes is often a stepping stone, providing skills, experience and a qualification that usually leads to a PhD.
Some students take this MRes to consolidate their existing work as a researcher, or to help them gain access to that profession.
UK intercalating students choose to study for an MRes if they are applying for a research foundation post or are looking ahead at the potential of pursuing a PhD in the future.
- Evidence Based Practice
- Evidence Synthesis: Systematic Reviews
- Guideline Development and Implementation
- Oral Health & Disease in Populations
- Implementing Strategy in Dental Services
- Emergency Humanitarian Assistance
- Health Promotion Theory & Methods
- Working with Communities
- Health Economics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 293 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- We require a minimum of an Upper Second honours degree or the overseas equivalent . Significant relevant research or professional experience may be considered in place of an academic qualification lower than an Upper Second.
- If you fail to meet the required entry criteria will be considered on an individual basis, but may be required to enrol initially on another route, such as a PGCert or PGDip. You may be allowed to progress to the full MRes course if you pass the course at the required MRes level.
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.