The Master of Science in Information Technology: Telecommunications Management at University of Maryland University College is designed to provide you with not only technical knowledge and understanding of the structure and environment of the telecommunications industry but also critical management concepts, such as strategic planning, financial management, and quality improvement.
The master's degree in information technology with a telecommunications management specialization features guest speakers from telecommunications industries and projects sponsored by real clients, so you'll build telecommunications management skills you can apply immediately in the workplace.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Grasp the principles and theories underlying applied information technology
- Gain an understanding of the technical and regulatory issues surrounding the Internet
- Apply IT best practices to productivity and competitive advantage
- Display an awareness of developments in the convergence of computer and telecommunications technologies
- Discuss the role of information awareness and literacy in organizational decision making
- Grasp the central role of software and hardware lifecycles
- Telecommunications Industry: Structure and Environment
- Telecommunications Networks
- Satellite Communication Systems
- Network Management and Design
- Wireless Telecommunications Systems
- Network and Internet Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIT Management View 38 other Masters in IT Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.