The Master of Science in Information Technology (Information Assurance) at University of University of Maryland University College will provide you with a practical understanding of the principles of data protection, cyber security, and computer forensics, while also strengthening your core IT knowledge and project management abilities.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Secure information using knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric keys, protocols for exchanging secure data (including the Data Encryption Standard and the Advanced Encryption Standard), and other cryptographic methods and cryptanalysis tools
- Protect networks using risk analysis, defense models, security policy development, authentication and authorization controls, firewalls, packet filtering, virtual private networks (VPNs), and wireless network security
- Respond to attacks with damage assessments, data forensics, data mining, attack tracing, and system recovery processes for continuity of operation
- Identify system vulnerabilities and attack patterns and solve problems with intrusion detection tactics
- Navigate ethics, relevant laws, regulations, policies, and standards
- Lead successful teams with advanced project management skills
- Information Technology Foundations
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Information Systems Infrastructure
- Information Systems Analysis, Modeling, and Design
- Information Technology Project Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Cyber Security View 45 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.