The Information Technology: Informatics specialization at University of Maryland University College has a decidedly technical thrust and is oriented towards the student seeking a generalist's view of IT. It offers a broadly based and strongly quantitative grounding in the various facets of information theory and best practices for developing a variety of systems and program products.
Students receive an introduction to the major categories of IT endeavor, including networking, security, software development, databases, web design, and IT acquisitions in order to be well prepared for the challenges of the Second Millennium workplace. The IMAT specialization also serves as a logical extension of coursework begun in programs offered at UMUC military sites.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Grasp the principles and theories underlying applied information technology
- Gain an understanding of the technical and regulatory issues surrounding the Internet
- Apply IT best practices to productivity and competitive advantage
- Display an awareness of developments in the convergence of computer and telecommunications technologies
- Discuss the role of information awareness and literacy in organizational decision making
- Grasp the central role of software and hardware lifecycles
The Master of Science program in Information Technology serves careers at the entry, mid-, or upper-level positions, depending upon the prior level of experience of the candidate.
- Programming and Applications Software Development and Acquisitions
- Software Testing
- Network Design and Fabrication
- Customer Service Training/Support
- Hardware Acquisition and Integration
- Interface Design
- Publications and Systems Documentation
- Software Quality Assurance
- Internet Site Design, Development, and Management
- Modern Software Methodologies
- Relational Database Systems
- Software Requirements
- Foundations of Information Security and Assurance
- Internet Multimedia Applications
- IT Acquisitions Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology General Engineering & Technology Health Informatics View 270 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.