The cutting-edge Master of Science in Health Informatics Administration program at University of Maryland University College is uniquely designed for both experienced healthcare professionals and information technology professionals but is accessible to those seeking to change career paths. It is taught by industry leaders to help you develop the expertise to oversee the complex coordination of an organization's health informatics and information management needs. This program can help equip you with the relevant practical knowledge, professional skills, and competencies to become a key player in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
University of Maryland University College offers a wide range of programs to give you the confidence you need to succeed and build a better future starting on your first day of class. Programs are available in high-demand fields to help you bolster your career.
- Pursue an in-demand healthcare degree: If you have a desire to help others, consider one of UMUC's programs in the fast-growing healthcare field. UMUC offers degrees in nursing (RN to BSN), gerontology, psychology and healthcare administration.
- Go green with environmental management: UMUC's curriculum offers an interdisciplinary approach to environmental management that includes management of air, land and water; pollution control; policies; regulations; and environmental health and safety.
- Complete your science degree online: Prepare for a career in pharmaceutical, agricultural or biomedical research. UMUC's biotechnology and lab management programs are designed for transfer students who already hold an associate's degree in science.
The Master of Science in Health Informatics Administration (MSHIA) degree has a dual emphasis: health care administration and informatics (information science) applied to the health care industry. It is geared toward health care professionals as well as information technology professionals who work in health care settings.Program Overview
The curriculum requires 36 credits of coursework, two integrative health care administration informatics courses, one of which is a capstone, five technology courses, four health care administration courses; and a research methods course.
- Introduction to Health Care Administration
- Information Technology Foundation
- Research Methods for Health Care Managers
- Foundations of Information Security and Assurance
- Health Data Management
- Financial Management for Health Care Organizations
- Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration
- The Application of Information Technology in Health Care Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Informatics View 423 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.