The Master of Science in Management: Public Relations from University of Maryland University College helps you build your expertise in public relations and develop advanced business management and organizational leadership skills, helping you prepare for PR certification. You'll gain a solid grounding in PR theory, campaign strategies, legal and ethical PR issues, and the analytical and creative skills necessary to excel in the profession. Combine this with your core management courses, and you'll develop all the right tools to take on leadership roles in today's strategic communications workplace.
The curriculum for the master's degree in management with a specialization in public relations has been developed in conjunction with industry executives and an advisory board of senior PR leaders to ensure you are training for the highest level of PR strategy. In your courses, you'll learn about public relations strategy development, tactical planning and execution, social media monitoring, and crisis communications.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Assess public relations performance at the individual, group, and organization levels
- Develop, launch, and lead public relations campaigns featuring a variety of messages custom designed for various channels
- Understand the ethical and legal issues in public relations management
- Write effectively and persuasively
- Marketing Management
- Public Relations Writing
- Public Relations Theory and Practice
- Public Relations Techniques
- Crisis Communication Management
- Global Public Relations
- Public Relations Campaigns
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Strategic Management Public Relations View 37 other Masters in Public Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.