Equip yourself with the cutting-edge skills and knowledge to become a digital forensics expert.
Learn how to determine whether a digital system has been attacked or compromised as well as how to uncover, preserve, and present evidence for legal prosecution in the Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation programme at University of Maryland University College.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to:
- Design procedures at a suspected crime scene to ensure that the digital evidence obtained is not corrupted
- Conduct hands-on forensic searches to identify intrusion methods
- Employ rigorous procedures to enable forensic results that can withstand scrutiny in a court of law
- Explain the operation of digital components
- Seize, image, deconstruct, and analyze digital media for evidence
- Prepare professional reports
- Present digital forensics results in a court of law as an expert witness
- Communicating, Problem Solving, and Leading in Cybersecurity
- Cyberspace and Cybersecurity Foundations
- Digital Forensics Technology and Practices
- Digital Forensic Response and Analysis
- Advanced Forensics
- Capstone in Cybersecurity
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesForensic Science IT Security Cyber Security View 139 other Masters in IT Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International7908 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 36 months.
National7908 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State6048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.