Modern executives need to be able to use that technology, as well as people and policy, to minimize risks while ensuring success for their organizations. They need to balance risks and opportunities holistically through an interdisciplinary lens. This innovative graduate program in Cybersecurity at University of Maryland University College offers that wide perspective, providing a blend of people, policy, and technology skills to help prepare the modern digital strategists that organizations need.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Prevent network attacks through business impact and vulnerability assessments
- Detect and mitigate cyber attacks through tools, techniques, and penetration testing
- Develop a business continuity plan in the event of an attack
- Apply digital protection techniques across operating systems and mobile platforms
- Manage security architecture and operations
- Integrate digital forensics investigative techniques
- Identify system vulnerabilities and solve problems with intrusion detection tactics
- Communicating, Problem Solving, and Leading in Cybersecurity
- Cyberspace and Cybersecurity Foundations
- Prevention of Cyber Attack Methodologies
- Advanced Cyber Exploitation and Mitigation Methodologies
- Digital Forensics Technology and Practices
- Capstone in Cybersecurity
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security Artificial Intelligence View 134 other Masters in IT Security in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.