Combine your interest in science, business and technology for a rewarding career in the growing biotechnology industry.
The Biotechnology: Biotechnology Regulatory Affairs specialization at University of Maryland University College assists students with understanding the regulatory and policy issues that face the field of biotechnology. The curriculum covers the impact of regulatory and policy issues on domestic and international affairs, clinical trials and various aspects of a product's life cycle, good laboratory and manufacturing practices, quality control and assurance, bioethics, and the business of global biotechnology.
The graduates of this program will be able to:
- Have a greater grasp of the technologies currently in use in the biotechnology industry.
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory role of federal and state governmental agencies as well as international bodies and professional groups.
- Understand the "business of biotechnology," including financial, strategic, and human resource management in the industry.
- Have increased knowledge of bioinformatics.
The Master of Science program in biotechnology serves a number of careers at the entry-, mid-, or high-level positions, depending on the prior level of experience of the candidate.
Graduates of the biotechnology regulatory affairs specialization, depending on their background, can find positions such as:
- Senior managers in regulatory affairs
- Specialists in regulatory affairs
- Quality assurance specialists
- Clinical specialists
- Other health care and biotechnology professionals
Societal Issues in Biotechnology
Introduction to Bioinformatics
Bioprocessing and the Business of Biotechnology
Techniques of Biotechnology
Foundations of Project Management
Biotechnology and the Regulatory Environment
Preclinical and Clinical Research Design
Product Life Cycle–Approval, Production, and Marketing for Devices and Drugs
Global Biotechnology Business Issues
Practical Applications of Biotech Regulatory Affairs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 80 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.