Through your Biotechnology (Biosecurity and Biodefense) coursework at University of Maryland University College, you will learn how to
- Develop preparedness and response strategies for bioterrorism simulations
- Analyze cases of real epidemics, biowarfare, and bioethical research problems
- Communicate current trends in biodefense policies, laws, and best practices for global interagency responses
- Develop advanced project management skills to lead teams
- Perform risk assessments and potential impact analyses and select treatments to handle adverse events
- Societal Issues in Biotechnology
- Introduction to Bioinformatics
- Bioprocessing and the Business of Biotechnology
- Techniques of Biotechnology
- Foundations of Project Management
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesBiotechnology View 18 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of .
National480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!