Gain a strong foundation in management principles and specialized skills in financial decision making with a master's degree in management with a specialization in financial management.
Courses in the Management Master's Degree with Financial Management Specialization specialization at University of Maryland University College feature projects for companies, studies of real crises, and analysis of real-time data sets. Among other topics, you'll study financial management methods used by government agencies, nonprofit groups, and privately held companies, as well as behavioral finance, long-term financial management and investing, international finance, and strategic financial management. A board of industry leaders and employers advises our faculty to make sure courses stay up-to-date with industry trends.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to:
- Manage your organization's current financial operations (cash, inventory, accounts receivable policy, payables, short-term loans, etc.)
- Make long-term financial decisions, such as evaluating and selecting capital investments, financing capital requirements, taking a company public, and navigating mergers and acquisition as well as bankruptcy/liquidation
- Manage costs and risks and evaluate investments using industry software
- Perform financial analysis and modeling
- Make strategic management decisions to solve operational problems
More informationVisit official programme website
- Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC
- Organizational Theory
- Intercultural Communication and Leadership
- Financial Decision Making for Managers
- Statistics for Managerial Decision Making
- Financial Management in Organizations
- Financial Analysis and Modeling
- Long-term Financial Management
- Investment Valuation
- Multinational Financial Management
- Behavioral Finance
- Strategic Financial Management
- Strategic Management Capstone
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership View 589 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of .
National480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of .
- University of Maryland University College is committed to helping you find ways to meet, manage, and lower your education costs through a variety of financing and payment options.
- When it comes to covering your college expenses, you have choices. Federal student financial aid, loans, grants, and scholarships are available to help fund your degree. Plus, you may qualify for employer-provided tuition assistance and/or military benefits. Your eligibility is based on your current financial need and other factors.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.