Throughout the curriculum, major emphasis is placed on the effects of rapid technological change on organizations and administrative processes, and the consequent ethical and moral responsibilities of managers to society at large.
The Management: Accounting specialization at University of Maryland University College covers a broad range of accounting related studies, especially in the areas of:
- Financial accounting, fraud detection, and accounting ethics
- Management accounting
- Government and nonprofit accounting
- Auditing process
- Income taxation
- Accounting information systems
- Accounting policy, combine in-depth studies in management science and accounting.
Successful completion of the accounting specialization may satisfy the education requirements of candidacy for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination. Educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam vary among states. Students are responsible for staying abreast of the current requirements of the state in which they will sit for the exam or practice professionally.Academic Preparation
Students interested in the accounting specialization must have completed 15 credits of accounting coursework, with a grade of C or better in each course, prior to enrolling in any graduate level accounting course.Career Path
The MSM program prepares graduates for a number of entry-, mid-, and high- level positions, as determined by a student's work experience.
Depending on a student's background and an employer's criteria, graduates of the Accounting specialization may qualify for these positions:
- Public Accountant or Auditor
- Accounting Manager
- Internal Control/Forensics Accounting Specialist
- Management Accountant
- Government Accountant or Auditor
- Internal Auditor
- Financial, Budget, or Management Analyst
- Fraud Examiner
More informationVisit official programme website
- Intercultural Communication and Leadership
- Financial Decision Making for Managers
- Statistics for Managerial Decision Making
- Strategic Management Capstone
- Management Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Federal Income Taxation
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Accounting View 595 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of .
National480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.