Secure your future with the stability and flexibility of an accounting career and seize the vast growth opportunities in information systems security, cybersecurity risk management, and information technology auditing.
This 30-credit master's degree program in Accounting and Information Systems at University of Maryland University College is geared toward meeting the 150-credit requirement for licensure when combined with your undergraduate degree. Suited to students at any career stage, this program can help you transition into either accounting or information systems by developing your professional knowledge and competencies.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Successfully apply accounting and information technology concepts, principles, and techniques in the analysis and resolution of accounting systems problems and opportunities within their organizations
- Effectively communicate accounting and information technology ideas, concepts and solutions
- Evaluate the effects of technology on an organization's accounting system
- Evaluate issues and innovations in accounting and in information technology, and their effects on managerial decision-making
- Evaluate and design accounting and information systems to meet organizational goals
- Develop and evaluate alternative solutions to organizational problems
Accounting Information Systems
Federal Income Taxation
Information Systems Management and Integration
Systems Analysis and Design
Information Technology, the CIO, and Organizational Transformation
Foundations of Information Security and Assurance
IT Acquisitions Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesAccounting Informatics & Information Technology View 220 other Masters in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International19770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.