You will follow some components of the taught component of the MA and LLM, but you will not be required to write a dissertation. If you have successfully completed the PGCert, you may be eligible to transfer to the Diploma or MA/LLM if you meet the transfer requirements and pay the additional fee.
- Receive the highest quality of training in healthcare law.
- Highlight the application of legal theory to real-world scenarios, catering to the practical needs of healthcare and/or legal professionals.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge and firm understanding of medico-legal theories.
- Give you the opportunity to gain the skills needed to apply theory to real-world scenarios in a diverse range of contexts.
Successful graduates are able to progress within a wide variety of roles in the medical, legal and ethical fields. Graduates from previous years have, for example, proceeded to specialise in medico-legal practice and academic careers, and the degrees have enhanced the careers of healthcare professionals.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Medico-Legal Problems
- Mental Health Law and Policy
- Medicine, Law and Society
- Children, Medicine and the Law
- 9 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLegal Studies Health Sciences View 317 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
- Postgraduate Certificate applicants must hold a minimum Lower Second Class Honours degree. In exceptional circumstances candidates who do not have first degree, but who can demonstrate professional competence, may be admitted
International3664 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3664 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA3167 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3167 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.