You will follow some elements of the taught component of the MA and LLM, but will not be required to write a dissertation. If you successfully complete the PGCert, you may be eligible to transfer to the Diploma, MA or LLM if you meet the transfer requirements and pay the additional fee.
- Equip you with the highest quality of training in healthcare ethics.
- Highlight the application of moral theory to real-world scenarios, catering to the practical needs of healthcare and/or legal professionals.
- Improve your comprehensive knowledge and firm understanding of ethical theories.
- Provide you with the opportunity to gain the skills needed to apply theory to real world scenarios in a diverse range of contexts.
Successful graduates from the Healthcare Ethics course from The University of Manchester, are able to progress within a wide variety of roles in the medical, legal and ethical fields. Graduates from previous years have, for example, proceeded to specialise in medico-legal practice and academic careers, and the degrees have enhanced the careers of health care professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics & Genetics and Genomics
- Philosophical Bioethics
- Research Ethics
- 9 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Apply as early as possible as our courses are popular.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Health Sciences View 186 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
- Postgraduate Certificate applicants must hold a minimum of a Second Class Lower (2.2) Honours degree. In exceptional circumstances candidates who do not have first degree, but who can demonstrate professional competence, may be admitted.
International6334 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6334 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA3167 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3167 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
PGCert (part-time distance learning)
- UK/EU students (per annum): £3,167 per annum
- International students (per annum): £6,334 per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.