The Pharmaceutical Sciences (Forensic DNA and Serology) is provided by the College of Pharmacy. It is structured to provide the student with a strong foundation in serology, blood spatter interpretation, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics and the theory of DNA analysis. You can start with a course or two, then continue on to earn the full master's degree later.
The Pharmaceutical Sciences (Forensic DNA and Serology) program delivered by University of Florida is designed to meet the guidelines set out by the FBI National Standards education requirements for DNA Technical Leaders and Supervisors. This program may be of interest to those currently working or seeking employment in the following areas:
- Law enforcement agencies
- Military services
- Medical professions
- Crime laboratories
- High school and College science teachers
Upon completion of the program, your diploma will state Master of Science in Pharmacy issued by the Graduate School of the University of Florida. Your transcripts will read Master of Science in Pharmacy, graduation date, major Pharmaceutical Sciences, concentration Forensic DNA and Serology.
- Biological Evidence and Serology
- Blood Distribution and Spatter
- Applied Statistics for Data Analysis
- Laboratory QA/QC
- Forensic Analysis of DNA
- Forensic Immunology
- Forensic Genetics
- Principles of Nucleotide Activity
- Metabolic Biochemistry
- Mammalian Molecular Biology
- Literature Survey of DNA and Serology
- Special Topics in DNA and Serology (on location in Gainesville)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacy Molecular Sciences Genetics View 28 other Masters in Genetics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Florida and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any academic discipline (Pharmacy background not required) from a regionally accredited institution
- 3.0 or better GPA in upper division undergraduate coursework
- A statement of purpose must be submitted. There is a section for this information in the UF graduate application (step 2 of the application instructions).
- A current resume or CV, in MS Word or PDF format. The file may be emailed to email@example.com or attached as part of the UF graduate application.
- Acceptable Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score*
- 150 verbal / 150 quantitative; 300 combined
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 12 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.