Mechanical design begins with an idea, which is then shaped into a graphical design and executed into a finished product through a choice of materials, simulation, and production techniques. Energy conversion comprises all aspects of energy efficiency in this process.
In the Master of Electromechanical Engineering Technology at KU Leuven, you will specialise in one of the following options:
- Intelligent Manufacturing - The issues covered in this option include the latest production techniques, operations, and relationships between production and business processes.
- Intelligent Mechanics - This option relates to designing, developing and optimising automated mechanical machines.
- Intelligent Mobility - This application area deals with the sustainable application of smart mobility solutions, such as hybrid cars fitted with recharging systems or vehicles that notify each other about accidents and traffic jams.
- Clinical Engineering - This option gives insight into the domain of medical technology. Examples of topics are surgical robotics and medical equipment in general.
This master’s programme opens up a whole spectrum of professional possibilities. Masters in Engineering Technology are active in the most diverse positions, sectors and professions all over the world. They are the engine of innovation in businesses and society. Depending on their interest, their engineering profile can range from technological expert to company manager.
- Advanced Automation
- Finite Element Based Design
- Drive Systems
- Dynamic Aspects of Machine Construction
- Management and Communication
- Pathways to Sustainability: Core Issues and Challenges
- Master's Thesis / Masterproef
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 16 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible and to ensure an optimal match with the programme, the following admission criteria apply:
- - being holder of an honour Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc., B.Tech., B.Eng., etc.) or Master's degree in a related/cognate subject area
- - having a clear affinity with the major
- - providing proof of sufficient English language proficiency (see below)
- having a solid background in science and mathematics
International6600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6600 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.