The emphasis is not on abstract mathematical theory, but on the application, the design, analysis, implementation and use of mathematical models and algorithms in order to solve mathematical problems from industry.
Many small, dynamic, young companies are active in the field of mathematical engineering, but even big players in materials, chemistry, automotive, aerospace, biomedical industries, as well as finance, are increasingly interested in mathematical engineering thanks to the ever-increasing complexity of mathematical models and ever more stringent environmental standards and comfort expectations.
Many of our young graduates from Master in Mathematical Engineering at KU Leuven start their careers in the R&D departments of high-tech companies or matriculate into one of the university’s PhD programmes. Whichever option they choose, our graduates find themselves at the centre of an in-demand industry with sought after skills and abilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- System Identification and Modeling
- Scientific Software
- Nonlinear Systems
- Case Studies: Mathematical Engineering
- Project Mathematical Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMathematics General Engineering & Technology View 52 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Based on the entry requirements and indicators as mentioned above, the programmes mentioned below have access to this master programme. Since this master programme is designed specifically for international students, the actual access policy will necessarily be based on previous programme content, rather than specific degrees. Degrees mentioned below are degrees awarded in Flanders (Belgium) and have direct access.
- All applications are evaluated by both KU Leuven Admissions Office and the relevant Master’s programme director. Admission is ultimately at the discretion of the Faculty. In order to be considered for admission, applicants are required to submit their GRE score. Please contact ETS requesting an original score card to be forwarded to us using the following Institutional Code: 0749. Students who obtained a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in one of the EEA countries, the UK, or Switzerland are exempted from providing GRE scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.