The online master’s in Music Education program at University of Florida was designed to fulfill this mission. The curriculum includes courses that can help you engage your students in ways that will fill their lives with music. While the primary focus of the program is on K-12 education, the skills examined throughout the program can be applied to a wide variety of educational settings, including private adult lessons, community choral groups, and more. Each course uses real-world scenarios and the latest research to both explain and demonstrate new teaching methods. This can help you develop a comprehensive base of insight into what you can do to enrich your lesson plans and support your students as they explore the exciting world of music.
Over the course of the program, you will:
- Discover innovative perspectives on important topics in contemporary music education, including using technology for creating, performing, and responding to music
- Study music from cultures throughout the world
- Learn approaches to authentic assessment of student learning
- Gain a greater understanding of how musical creativity develops
- Integrate instructional design principles to build innovative, engaging lessons
- Connect and collaborate with a diverse group of talented peers in the music education field through our online learning platform
- Historical and Philosophical Foundations of Music Education
- Instructional Design in Music Education
- Psychology of Music
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music View 1313 other Masters in Education in United States
- BA/BS/BM in Music Education
- Candidates with a BA/BM in Music will also be considered. Individuals in this category must have experience and interest in teaching, which can be demonstrated through the supplemental Academic Portfolio.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA in undergraduate study (and 3.0 GPA in undergraduate music theory, ear training, and music history courses)
- Professional music teaching experience
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.