This track is designed for individuals who want to enhance their knowledge in environmental science and attracts participants ranging from extension agents, state and federal employees, consultants, and to continuing students who want to pursue an academic career.
MS in Soil and Water Science (Specialization in Environmental Science)track
Time to degree ranges from two to four years.
Starting dates are Spring semester (January) and Fall semester (August).
30 credits - Thesis
30 credits - Professional/non-thesis (major paper required)
- A limited number of University of Florida graduate credits with grades of B or better taken as a non-degree or post-baccalaureate may be transferred into the program to meet degree requirements upon approval.
- Students wishing to enroll in this graduate track should have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in soil and water science or an equivalent degree in an allied field such as geology, natural resources, biology, ecology, hydrology, microbiology, environmental science, horticultural science, environmental engineering, agricultural engineering or agronomy. If your bachelor's degree is not in soil and water science or you don't have an equivalent degree in an allied field, you will generally have to complete pre-requisite courses at a local institution before applying for admission to the program. Admission criteria include a "B" (3.0) grade point average or better for the last two years of the baccalaureate program, and satisfactory scores on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE).* High speed internet access is mandatory.
- Soils in The Environment
- Environmental Nutrient Management
- Earth System Analysis
- Sustainable Agricultural & Urban Land Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSoil Science Environmental Sciences View 66 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.