Online Master of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (MFAS, non-thesis)
- Aquatic resources harbor a large share of the earth’s biodiversity and provide crucial ecosystem services including production of food, maintenance of water and environmental quality, and provision of recreational opportunities. Yet these resources and the services they provide face unprecedented threats from overfishing, habitat loss degradation and global environmental change.
- The Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences Program in the School of Forest Resources and Conservation (SFRC) conducts cutting-edge research, training, and extension for the sustainable development and conservation of aquatic biological resources in Florida, the Nation, and worldwide. Among our educational programs, the Master of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (MFAS) specifically addresses the need for high-quality professional training in the field.
- The online Master of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences is offered by the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) in the School of Forest Resources and Conservation. This program at University of Florida is designed for working professionals in environmental sciences, fisheries, aquatic sciences, and natural resources, and marine biology fields who are interested in advancing their careers by earning a graduate degree. The ability to take this program entirely online means that students will not have to sacrifice their commitments to career and family in order to earn the degree.
- Diseases of Warmwater Fishes
- Applied Fisheries Statistics
- Scientific Thinking in Ecology
- Aquatic Invertebrate Ecology & Physiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- All semesters deadline - 2-3 months prior to term start date
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Marine Studies Ecology View 15 other Masters in Ecology in United States
- $30 application fee, paid to the Office of Admissions.
- Official transcripts of all previous academic work. Cumulative GPA of 3.0 is expected.
- GRE scores – general test only, taken within five years. Typical combined scores range from approximately 295-305.
- Three letters of recommendation from relevant academic or employment colleagues.
- Letter of intent/statement of purpose detailing the areas you wish to study and/or your background.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.