Cyber threats and cybersecurity are increasingly critical areas of focus for the U.S. government, with the Department of Homeland Security serving as the coordinating agency.
As a graduate of the Homeland Security - Information Security and Forensics program at Pennsylvania State University, you can build your understanding of the theories, skills, and technologies associated with:
- information security and assurance
- cyber and network security
- cyber threat defense and forensics
- intelligence analysis
- risk assessment, mitigations, and resiliencies
- security policy development
- privacy protection and assurance
- security audit and compliance
- emergency and security management across multiple venues
This option prepares graduates to work in areas such as information assurance engineering, catastrophe risk management and analysis, computer systems security analysis, information security/digital forensics, intelligence analysis, and systems integration and networks.
- Computer and Cyber Forensics
- Information Security Management
- Network Management and Security
- Disaster Communication
- Disaster Psychology
- Network Security
- Intelligence Analysis, Cultural Geography, and Homeland Security
- Web Security and Privacy
- Crisis, Disaster, and Risk Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology IT Security Terrorism & Security View 134 other Masters in IT Security in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — postsecondary (undergraduate), junior/senior (last two years) GPA is required. Successful applicants are expected to have an overall grade-point average of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) or higher from undergraduate study (and/or graduate-level studies).
- GRE or GMAT
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
International31350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.