Professional Studies in Homeland Security degree from Penn State World Campus can help prepare continuing and emerging homeland security leaders with the knowledge of institutions, policies, strategies, and values required for preparedness, protection, prevention, response, recovery, mitigation, and analysis of catastrophic events in the context of an all-hazards driven comprehensive approach.
Graduates of this program can expect to follow a number of career paths depending on the specialization they choose. Career opportunities for those interested in pursuing the homeland security program include upper-level positions in various government agencies, particularly in civil security including emergency and crisis management, business continuity, infrastructure protection, intelligence analysis, law enforcement, and physical security.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Homeland Security Administration: Policies and Programs
- Homeland Security: Social and Ethical Issues
- Violence, Threats, Terror, and Insurgency
- Multifaceted Approaches to Homeland Security
- Strategic Planning and Organizational Imperatives in Homeland Defense and Security
- Engineering Across Cultures and Nations
- Disaster Communication
- Agricultural Biosecurity: Protecting a Key Infrastructure
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security View 68 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are required.
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Résumé — Upload your résumé to the online application.
- Statement of Purpose — A statement of no more than 500 words explaining to the admissions committee how your professional experience and goals relate to the program to which you are applying. Your statement could include aspects such as the following: Your reasons for pursuing the degree; why you feel you are a good candidate for the program; and any information you would like the admissions committee to know about you personally and/or professionally.
International924 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 12 months.
National924 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.