The best intelligence resource is an educated analyst. The Intelligence and Geospatial Analysis option within the Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Homeland Security - Intelligence and Geospatial Analysis at Pennsylvania State University, offered in partnership with the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences' Online Geospatial Education, is designed to increase the skills and knowledge of the analyst to produce accurate intelligence to help save lives, improve government, and assist businesses. Intelligence is applied in such law enforcement, homeland security, emergency management, and business applications as:
- investigating organized crime and serial criminal activity
- anticipating and preventing terrorist activities
- detecting and assessing threats from criminal and terrorist groups
- preparing for and responding to emergencies and disasters
- gaining a geographic advantage over an adversary
- securing critical infrastructure and key resources
Employer industries are primarily federal government agencies, but any employer with the need for mapping, management, and analysis of geographic data increasingly uses geospatial intelligence. Graduates with this option can work in various occupations:
- geospatial analyst
- geospatial Intelligence specialist
- senior imagery analyst
- imagery analyst
- intelligence analyst
- spectral analyst
- GEOINT data specialist
- crime analyst
- Exploring Imagery and Elevation Data in GIS Applications
- Problem Solving with GIS
- Agricultural Biosecurity: Protecting a Key Infrastructure
- Disaster Communication
- Topographic Mapping with Lidar
- GIS Database Development
- Cartography and Visualization
- GIS Application Development
- Advanced Analytic Methods for Geospatial Intelligence
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Terrorism & Security View 13 other Masters in Geology in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are required
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Résumé — Upload your résumé to the online application.
- Statement of Purpose — A statement of no more than 500 words explaining to the admissions committee how your professional experience and goals relate to the program to which you are applying.
International31350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.