Humanity faces a range of complex and interrelated challenges:
- global warming
- ecosystem disruption
- biodiversity loss
- increasing difficulty in meeting the basic human needs for energy, food, water and shelter
This Global Environment Challenges (Online Learning) programme from The University of Edinburgh takes a multidisciplinary approach to understanding these contemporary environmental issues and will also develop our students’ capacities to address these in professional life.
This programme is affiliated with the University's Global Environment & Society Academy.
This certificate will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for work with:
- international aid organisations
- United Nations agencies
- the private sector
- other research institutions
By studying the PgCert Global Environment Challenges (Online Learning), you will be equipped to:
- understand the challenges for society relating to sustainability, human wellbeing and environmental change
- critically evaluate local and regional environment-related issues, initiatives and projects within a global context
- apply theories and insights from scholarly research to support the development of appropriate responses to such issues through practice and policy
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- No Attendance
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 43 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in any subject. We will also take any professional experience into account.
International6035 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6035 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
National6035 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6035 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.