You will practice your skills with a dedicated on-campus Bloomberg trading room facility, to get experience of real-term investment analysis software.
The Investment Analysis course offered at the Aston University covers a wide range of stimulating subjects, including the valuation of investments, trading techniques, portfolio management and corporate finance from a broad as well as an international perspective. You’ll learn key theories to give you thorough grounding in these areas but also develop a practical understanding of how these various concepts and models are applied in real-life business scenarios.
Learning, teaching and assessment
We’re committed to helping you get the most out of your studies and use a range of modern and engaging teaching methods to ensure this.
There’s a mix of lectures and tutorials, which provide you with key concepts in finance, investments and economics. Case studies allow you apply your knowledge to various scenarios. We also focus on helping you develop the practical skills needed for roles in corporate finance or investment banking. For example, you’ll take part in various workshops where you’ll gain experience working with trading software used in the banking sector.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Valuation of Investments
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Trading Techniques
- Security Analysis
- Investment Management
- Business Finance
- International Finance
- The Aston Global Advantage
- Business Project or Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance View 720 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class) or equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University. Applicants must have studied finance, economics or other quantitative modules at undergraduate level to demonstrate quantitative and analytical skills.
- An official academic transcript, with official English translation, of your university grades to date, students whose native language is not English also need to satisfy our English language requirements.
International20350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20350 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.