Professional Studies in Community and Economic Development from Penn State World Campus helps students gain the knowledge they need to navigate the complexities of communities and community organizations and inspire positive changes on a local, regional, and national level.
Gain the skills needed to address the social, environmental, and economic issues in communities, towns, small cities, and urban neighborhoods. Community and economic development professionals help people build community capacity; develop sustainable communities; enhance the local economy, infrastructure, and services; and work with the community members to build shared visions of the future.
Community and economic development graduates often go on to work for state and local governments, industrial development authorities, chambers of commerce, major corporations, utilities, nongovernmental organizations, or consulting firms as:
- community service coordinators
- extension educators
- development specialists
- research and project managers
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theories, Principles, and Institutions of International Development
- Launching Community Ventures, Nonprofits, and Organizations
- Principles of Local Economic Development
- Entrepreneurship in the Community
- Resilient Communities and Environments
- Leadership Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Sustainable Development View 18 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- All applicants are expected to have earned a junior/senior grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- In addition, applicants are expected to have completed 6 credits in social sciences, preferably 3 credits in economics and 3 credits in sociology, and 3 credits in statistics in undergraduate work.
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Résumé — Upload your résumé vita or to the online application.
- Personal Statement OR Statement of Purpose
International924 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 924 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National924 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 924 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.