The demand for trained statisticians continues to increase as the world becomes more dependent on predictive data and numerical reasoning. With a Master of Applied Statistics degree from Pennsylvania State University you can advance your career in almost any field, including education, science, technology, health care, government, or business.
If you handle data as a professional and want to conveniently study a wide range of statistical application areas, our online Master of Applied Statistics program could be for you. The online degree is based on the highly regarded resident program and taught by many of the same faculty. The requirements for both the online and resident Master of Applied Statistics programs are identical.
The expertly designed curriculum enables you to use industry-standard software such as Minitab, R, Python, and SAS to improve your data analysis proficiency. In two to five years you can complete the degree, selecting from courses covering a variety of statistical applications areas, including:
- data mining
- predictive analytics
- biostatistics techniques
- statistical consulting
As a statistician with a master's degree, you can promote your skill set in data science, business, industry, government, health care, and educational and research organizations.
Our graduates work as:
- data scientists
- financial planners
- insurance researchers
- quality control managers
- market researchers
- project managers
- public health researchers
- statistical consultants
- Applied Nonparametric Statistics
- Intermediate SAS for Data Management
- Regression Methods
- Analysis of Variance and Design of Experiments
- Statistical Analysis System Programming
- Topics in Stat Computing with R
- Statistical Analysis with Python
- Applied Statistics
- Applied Data Mining and Statistical Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 25 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall (on a 4.0 scale) is required.
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Personal Statement — Describe your motivation for undertaking graduate studies in statistics.
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.