Designed to give you the hands-on experience, at Wildlife Documentary Production degree offered at University of Salford you’ll need to establish yourself as a skilled filmmaker, this wildlife documentary master’s degree will provide you with the opportunity to attend fascinating masterclasses given by expert practitioners with links to the television industry. So, alongside your lectures, seminars and field trips, you’ll also have access to advice from people with firsthand experience of the industry.
If you’ve always wanted to work in wildlife documentary production, this course will open up a range of exciting career opportunities. With the knowledge, practical skills and confidence gained throughout this programme, many of our recent graduates have gone on to secure professional roles in a variety of areas, including producing, directing and researching.
But the possibilities don’t end there. Graduates of this course have gone on to work for internationally renowned organisations, including the BBC Natural History Unit. Others are working for ITV, producing short films for their wildlife images catalogue, and as an assistant cameraman for a leading independent wildlife company. So, where will your journey take you?
- Creative Development Project
- Wildlife Biology, Ecology and Behaviour
- Advanced Production Skills
- Wildlife Research Skills
- MA practice Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 372 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
- Relevant undergraduate honours degree normally at 2:1 or above.
- For the MA programmes in Media Production you will be required to submit a project proposal related to your chosen specialist field, to support your application.
- The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course.
- Two forms of APL may be used for entry: the Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8550 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.