Your advanced translation studies will focus on general, administrative and technical text types, interpreting and training in industry-standard computer-assisted translation tools.The first part of the Translation and Interpreting (Extended) program from Swansea University includes the chance to specialise in interpreting, audiovisual translation, machine translation and software localisation, terminology management, etc.In the simulated translation bureau module you simulate translation companies by working with local translation businesses and delivering on real commissions to professional standards.In the second part of the degree different skills are combined, presenting a choice of two extended translations, or an academic dissertation, or a 13-week internship at a translation company in the UK or overseas.
Career opportunitiesThe vocational MA in Translation and Interpreting significantly enhances your career prospects. Over the course of your studies, or your internship, you may make important connections which impact on your future.Graduates from this course enter a range of different translation and interpreting roles. Many also undertake research degrees and pursue a career in academia.
- Translation Tools
- Advanced Translation (English-Arabic)
- Advanced Translation (French - English)
- Advanced Translation (English - French)
- Advanced Translation (German - English)
- Advanced Translation (English - Italian)
- Advanced Translation (Spanish - English)
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 549 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
- A degree, normally in Translation, a Language or a related subject, normally an upper second or above (or equivalent). As an alternative, we can accept a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience. Overseas and European applicants must achieve IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent English test.
International17800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17800 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8150 GBP per year during 24 months.
- UK - £2,700
- International - £5,950
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.