Transport Engineering and Planning degree offered at University of Salford is open to applicants from a wide range of relevant backgrounds. It is especially beneficial if you are interested in developing your career with an engineering consultancy, local and central governments planning department, or passenger transport authority.
You can choose full-time or part-time study. The part-time route is designed to fit around existing commitments and can used by employers as a graduate training programme.
EmploymentCourse graduates will be well equipped to meet the challenges of the modern structural engineering industry. Graduates might typically work as a structural engineer in a design office or for an engineering consultancy. Many alumni have progressed to pivotal appointments in prestigious building schemes and roles.
- Transport Planning: Policy and Principles
- Transport Engineering: Principles and Methodologies
- Transport Engineering: Analysis and Road Safety
- Transport Planning: Forecasting and Appraisal
- Transport Infrastructure Design and Analysis
- MSc Dissertation
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis
DisciplinesTransport Management Transportation Engineering View 53 other Masters in Transportation Engineering in United Kingdom
- A minimum 2:2 honours degree in an appropriate discipline, or equivalent.
- A wide variety of first degrees are accepted, including engineering, science, geography and social science.
- For non-standard applicants, relevant work experience may be taken into account.
- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully.
- The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count.
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9090 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 GBP per year during 12 months.
- £1,515 per 30 credits
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.