Audio Acoustics degree offered at University of Salford is delivered by an acoustics academic team at the very pinnacle of the profession. By taking this course, you'll be joining a community of alumni working at the heart of many leading sound and acoustics-focused companies and organisations throughout the world.
The course is endorsed by the Institute of Acoustics for the purposes of meeting the educational requirements for Corporate Membership of the Institute. Graduates may attain Engineering Council registration via the Institute of Acoustics.
Acousticians with engineering, science and mathematical skills are in short supply, which puts you in a strong position to build a career once you've graduated. We have over 25 years’ experience nurturing graduates into audio and acoustics consultancy, research, development and design roles at leading companies such as Apple, Dolby, and the BBC, plus every major acoustic consultancy in the world.
Typically areas of employment for our alumni include acoustics and audio engineering research, broadcast engineering, loudspeaker and audio system design, and consumer audio product development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Acoustics and Vibration
- Measurement, Analysis and Assessment
- Loudspeaker and Microphones
- Digital Signal Processing
- Room Acoustics
- Computer Simulation of Acoustics
- Transducer Design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology View 549 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A first or second-class degree in a numerate engineering or science discipline. All applicants must have a significant grounding in engineering mathematics.
- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully.
- The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course.
International14670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14670 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7920 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7920 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- £1,320 per 30 credits
- UK/EU: £7,920
- International: £14,670
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.