The required coursework in the Masters in Applied Geospatial Sciences - Planning and Recreation at Northern Arizona University will increase your expertise in specialized areas related to community and sustainable planning, GIS data analysis and mapping, area and regional studies, and focused education in geospatial technologies. Faculty work closely to assist you with geographic research, and applied community development as you explore Flagstaff 's own physical and cultural geography. Our location on the diverse Colorado Plateau, coupled with its mix of ethnic roots (Native American, Latino, and western European), make this mountain town a perfect geography classroom.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Community planner or developer
- Land, utility, or land resource manager
- Sustainability program director
- Recreation resource manager
- Community college instructor
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- International development
- Business and political marketing
- Mobile and big data analysis
- University professor
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Geographic Inquiry and Human-Environment Relations
- Place and Community Development
- Critical Analysis
- Geospatial technologies
- Professional Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Physics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 612 other Masters in Physics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Northern Arizona University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s). This may include a thesis.
- All graduate work with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- All work toward the master’s degree must be completed within six consecutive years. The six years begins with the semester and year of admission to the program.
International26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
National26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11004 USD per year during 12 months.
- Online: $416 per credit
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.