The required coursework in the Masters in Applied Geospatial Sciences - Custom Geography, Planning and Recreation at Northern Arizona University will increase your expertise in specialized areas related to community and sustainable planning, GIS data analysis and mapping, area and regional studies, and focused education in geospatial technologies. Faculty work closely to assist you with geographic research, and applied community development as you explore Flagstaff 's own physical and cultural geography. Our location on the diverse Colorado Plateau, coupled with its mix of ethnic roots (Native American, Latino, and western European), make this mountain town a perfect geography classroom.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Community planner or developer
- Land, utility, or land resource manager
- Sustainability program director
- Recreation resource manager
- Community college instructor
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- International development
- Business and political marketing
- Mobile and big data analysis
- University professor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Geographic Inquiry and Human-Environment Relations
- Place and Community Development
- Critical Analysis
- Geospatial technologies
- Professional Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Applications received after the priority deadline will be considered an a space available basis
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Physics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 58 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must have earned a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 out of a 4.0 scale for their bachelor’s degree to be considered for regular admission. Admitted students are expected to have undergraduate educational experiences, including general education studies, that are similar to those required for a baccalaureate at Northern Arizona University.
- Applicants who have earned their degree(s) from an international institution must submit official transcripts directly from the university or college. The transcripts must be in the original language of the country accompanied by an English translation. If the degree awarded and the date of award is not on the transcripts, applicants must also include a separate degree certificate document.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25708 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25708 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
$575 per credit for online students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.