The required coursework in the Masters in Applied Geospatial Sciences - Custom Geography, Planning and Recreation at Northern Arizona University will increase your expertise in specialized areas related to community and sustainable planning, GIS data analysis and mapping, area and regional studies, and focused education in geospatial technologies. Faculty work closely to assist you with geographic research, and applied community development as you explore Flagstaff 's own physical and cultural geography. Our location on the diverse Colorado Plateau, coupled with its mix of ethnic roots (Native American, Latino, and western European), make this mountain town a perfect geography classroom.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Community planner or developer
- Land, utility, or land resource manager
- Sustainability program director
- Recreation resource manager
- Community college instructor
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- International development
- Business and political marketing
- Mobile and big data analysis
- University professor
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Geographic Inquiry and Human-Environment Relations
- Place and Community Development
- Critical Analysis
- Geospatial technologies
- Professional Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Physics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 127 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- To receive a master’s degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject areas, consisting of at least 30 units of graduate-level courses. (Many master’s degree programs require more than 30 units.)
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s). This may include a thesis.
- All graduate work with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- All work toward the master’s degree must be completed within six consecutive years. The six years begins with the semester and year of admission to the program.
International26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
National26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11004 USD per year during 12 months.
- Online: $416 per credit
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.