The Early Childhood Education program at California University of Pennsylvania states that as an early childhood education graduate student, you'll have the opportunity to complete an internship in an early childhood/preschool setting under the supervision of a sponsoring organization and the University.
This internship, contingent upon approval by the program coordinator, is only required if you do not have previous early childhood education experience (i.e., formal work and/or teaching experience working with pre-K to grade 4 children)
New career opportunities have evolved for teachers with a strong background in early childhood education. This degree will enable you to meet the specific needs of children, and work with parents and other adults to nurture children's physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth.
Our alumni have gone on to jobs in:
- Public and private schools' pre-K to grade 4 education programs.
- Preschool programs.
- Head Start and child care centers.
- Parenting and family support programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Early Childhood CurriculumAnd Assessment
- Advanced Childhood Development
- Literacy Development
- Methods Of Research
- Standards Aligned Curriculum, Instruction & Assessments
- Science & Math in Early Childhood
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Early Childhood Education View 1017 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA of 2.80 or a 3.00 in last 48 credits earned (Students with a GPA below 2.80 may apply for conditional admission)
- Official transcripts from an accredited undergraduate institution
- Master's with certification AND Certification Only: Copy of PA teaching certification in elementary, early childhood or special education
- Applicants in other states will have six months after admission to secure and submit evidence of PA Department of Education certification
- Master's Only: Resume will be evaluated on the basis of prior studies and/or significant professional experience
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 24 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State516 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.